ISSUANCE AND RENEWAL OF INDIAN STATUS CARD
Since December 17, 2014, following a directive from Aboriginal Services Canada (SAC), Indian Register administrators are no longer authorized to issue or renew Indian Status Certificate (CSI) by mail. CSIs must be issued in person only.
In Odanak, this service is offered by the person in charge of registration. You must make an appointment with her by calling 450-568-2810.
You must bring the following documents:
- Your old card, because it must be canceled and destroyed;
- Two “health insurance card” or “driver’s license” sized pictures (you do not have to cut them out, the agent will do it);
- Two photo identification (examples: driver’s license, health insurance card, student card, etc.);
- To obtain a CSSI (Secure Certificate of Indian Status) certificate by mail, you must apply directly to the SAC or fill out the attached forms:
– Application for already registered persons
– Registration and Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS): Guarantor Declaration
– Registration and Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS): Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor